Thursday, 15 January 2009


The Eagle(s) has landed ! So just a quick note to describe the initial purpose of this blog is to discuss matters relating to knowledge management. A small team has formed consisting of Ginika , Yemi, Azam, , Christos (please correct my spelling on this and I will edit and add link to blog when I have it !) and myself . We have named our team The Eagles, for no apparent reason, and if we are half as succesful as the californian group of the 70's we might just make it through our course and come up with a few interesting and controversial discussion points along the way concerning the role of knowledge management within organizations.
More to follow shortly so watch this space or the others listed. If you need a break to digest things you can always check out the movie!

5 comments:

  1. I knew it, CEO, you don't waste time. This is really good though. I guess the name eagle, at least why I suggested it, stems from my love of the bird; it's strength amongst other birds. It stands out and reaches for the sky. The eaglet starts off it's flying life being dropped by it's mum in an attempt to teach it to fly, then mum catches it before it crashes to the ground. This cycle is repeated until the eaglet gets the message - oh! I am indeed meant to be in the sky...I think this is how we are (at least the way I feel) at present... as Francis kindly put it "drowning in information but starved for knowledge". I hope this makes some sense and doesn't sound like a whole load of waffle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Francis. The eagles are indeed going to land and very smoothly at that. As the Eagles symbolises strength and power, so shall this organisation be. Surely all members are strong enough to pass this course with distinctions yeah?

    ps: Yemi thanks for giving this very interesting history of the eagle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Francis please check ur time, it seems wrong

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....well I can't claim the "drowning" quote. It comes from this guy Jon Naisbitt and its taken from his previous book:Megatrends which is a very interesting read. You can see him refer to it in this video relating to his current work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Francis
    Checked your blog and saw a very funny message from yemi about her! choosing the name Eagles!? Not that it makes any difference what a name does to our ways of working but I feel I can not start on wobbly terms! As far as I remember Mark asked each group a name and under all of our names I wrote Eagle by underlining it because it was my suggestion. The others talked about Hawks. Later on Mark asked me to verify the name and then put Eagles in front of my name on his computer file (not saying why). I chose the same kind of naming concept for Elli's unit. Anyhow does'nt matter now! as long as we own up to real facts.....

    ReplyDelete